Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thirst No. 1 (The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice) By Christopher Pike


Hey!

 *Cough Cough* I'm sick! I've felt like barfing all day.
 So I am currently reading "Thirst No 1" by Christoper Pike. This is a republication of the first three Thirst novels from way back then.
 So far it's pretty awesome! I have never read a book where somebody killed so much, which is intense. (not metioning the make-out in the jacuzzi XD)
 Mmm... I made cookies. XD But back to the topic on hand...
 Right now, I am on Page 391, where Alisa is captured by Eddie and is trying to figure out how to beat him from Krishina's message.
 These books are really different for me a bit because of how it's in the point of view of a vampire who has killed without regret many times, and with such a stony but cool point of view. Very rarely does Alisa show emotion.
 However, with Ray and other things, we are starting to see her change.
 There are two other No.'s in this series so far, and I look forward to reading them. I can also tell that Christoper Pike's writings aren't for the faint of heart (yes, i copied that from the warriors books quote) so when I eventully read "Remember Me" it should be interesting. I don't usually read ghost books!
 Also, I feel the need to mention that I really like how authors like L.J. Smith and Christopher Pike are republishing their books. This is a really great way to get the young readers of today reading these books from like, the '90's. I most likely wouldn't have read those books with their old covers. Guess the saying is true!

 Anyways, peace out!

 -Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment