Thursday, June 28, 2012

Winter Sonata (anime)

 Heya! So there's this anime I've been watching recently called Winter Sonata. It IS originally an acted out korean drama tv series, but so far I know it by the anime.
 I must say, it is tragic. There is a relationship between two people in it, and they truly love each other, but there are a number of incidents that are always trying to keep them apart. (This is what I meant by tragic.)
 The first episode seems like a mystery when you first start watching it. It starts off with a woman rushing to the airport, trying to stop a man she knows from getting on a plane. But she is too late.
 This entire episode consists of the man in New York and the woman in Paris thinking of each other. You see little blips of brownish memories of their time together when they were young. At one point, the woman writes a letter to the man that she knows she'll not send, but it expresses their relationship without really saying what it is. Basicly what we get from it is that he thinks that she'll be better off without him hurting her, but she doesn't think that. We also see later in the episode that the man may be sick or dying, as we witness him having blurred vision and falling.
 Yes, this first episode may seem a bit complicated from what I just wrote, and it really is perplexing when you watch it. It makes you very curious, though, and makes you want to know more. This episode took a risk being so mysterious, but it was executed perfectly! And when you think you might have a story formed in your head about these two people, it takes on a twist! And then an unexpected turn! When I say it's a drama, it's a drama.
 I won't say too much more about the series itself, but there's an overview of episode one. Once you get onto this series, you get addicted (it does actually get into their past, just to let you know. It doesn't always refer to them thinking of each other all the time.) You come to love certain characters and hate others.

 Also, one thing I noticed right away about this series was the MUSIC. I fell in love right away with the soundtrack. It mainly consists of this, tragic, loving, violin and piano duet. I often have favourite sountracks from shows like Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Sherlock (Love ya Murray Gold and Ben Foster!!) and this show slided up right beside it.

 I really do recommend this anime!! I haven't watched the original drama, so I don't know what to say about that, but watch the anime for sure!! Right now I'm on episode 17!

And if you want to know where to watch them... they are on YOUTUBE!! That's right! Livedream95 has them all!

 Leave a comment! :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm inspired by watching this anime...so I also recommend everyone to watch this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it... Winter sonata is definitely the best anime..! I cried watching it..❄ it's a must watch..!

    ReplyDelete