Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Mortal Instruments Quotes

 

Clare's books are so funny with brilliant quotes. Here are just some of my favs-
"I Dont want to grow up, i want to be an angst ridden teenager who cant confront his own inner demons and takes it out verbally on other people instead" (Jace)

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, and then throw it in the
face of the person who gave you the lemons until they give you the
oranges you originally asked for" (Jace)

Jace - "So it's true. You can walk in sunlight"
"I thought perhaps it might have worn off'
Simon - "If i feel the urge to burst into flames, I'll let you know."

It says 'Shadowhunters; looking better in black than the window of our enemies since 1234." [Jace]

"...at least you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting." said Jace.

Jace: A Diary with no drawings of me in it? Where are the torrid fantasies? The romance covers?

"You know, when most girls say they want a big rock, they don't mean, you know, literally a big rock."

"Hi, I'm one of the knife carrying hooligans you met last night in Pandemonium? I'm afraid I made a bad impression and was hoping you'd give me a change to make it up to....-" Simon

"It's the mortal Cup, Jace, not the Mortal Toilet bowl." Said Isabelle, " Are we done now? Can we go?"


The cuckoo bird," she said. "You see, cuckoos are parasites. They lay their eggs in other birds' nests. When the egg hatches, the baby cuckoo pushes the other baby birds out of the nest. The poor parent birds work themselves to death trying to find enough food to feed the enormous cuckoo child who has murdered their babies and taken their places."
"Enormous?" said Jace. "Did you just call me fat?"
"It was an analogy."
"I am not fat."
-- Jace and the Inquisitor


"Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked."
--Clary and Jace

Isabelle looked dubious. "Mom and dad won't be pleased if they find out."
"That you freed a possible criminal by trading away your brother to a warlock who looks like a gay Sonic the Hedgehog and dresses like the Child Catcher from 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'?" Simon inquired. "No, probably not."

"Meanwhile," Simon added, "I wanted to tell you that lately I've been cross-dressing. Also, I'm sleeping with your mom. I thought you should know."

"There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there's a life after that, I'll love you then."

"...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
"At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting."

"...in fact, don't touch any of my weapons without my permission.'
"Well, there goes my plan for selling them all on ebay," Clary muttered.
"Selling them on what?"
Clary smiled blandly at him, "A mythical place of great magical power."

"Well, you'll have to wait till tomorrow. I'm out of commission." (he points to his shirt) "Look. Jammies."

Isabelle: Investigation?Now we're detectives? Maybe we should all have some code names.
Jace: Good Idea, I shall be Baron Hotschaft Von Hugenstein.

"Jesus!" Luke exclaimed.
"Actually, it's just me," said Simon. "Although I've been told the resemblance is startling."

Jace: Do you remember back at the hotel when you promised that if we lived, you’d get dressed up in a nurse’s outfit and give me a sponge bath?
Clary: It was Simon who promised you the sponge bath.
Simon: As soon as I’m back on my feet, handsome.
Jace: I knew we should have left you a rat.


"Ridiculous isn't it? We would have never all fit."
(after jace and clary have their 'moment' and go to clary's room and see simon)

"One of the Silent Brothers is here to see you. Hodge sent me to wake you up. Actually, he offered to wake you up himself, but since it's five a.m., I figured you'd be less cranky if you had something nice to look at." Jace
"Meaning you?" Clary
"What else?" Jace

"I am a man" he told her, "and men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown."

"No, I'm just a very naughty boy. I do all sorts of bad things. I kick kittens. I make rude gestures at nuns."

2 comments:

  1. hey! I´m a Spanish whovian shadowhunter!!
    I like a lot your blog!
    In Spain Doctor Who isn't also very known and I like to talk about the books I read and the tv series I watch, so I want to ask you if you like the new doctor.
    I love all this special moments in the Cassandra Clare books... I'm waiting for see most part of them in the movie, don't you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi eme8eme!
      Thank you for complimenting my blog! I haven't updated it in a while, because I'm busy with school and I started another blog where I practice journalism (the job I want in the future) but it means a lot!
      I live in Canada, and growing up nobody knew about Doctor Who. (I've been watching it since I was six!) However, more people know about it now, although it's still not as known as I would like it to be.
      I like the new doctor! It'll be different for the new generation, getting used to an older actor, but the first Doctor was the same age when he first started... it doesn't matter how old looking he is! I can't wait to see him act.
      The Mortal Instruments movie comes out so soon, and it's really exciting! (I haven't been waiting for a movie for four years or anything.) I hope they incorporate a lot of the book.
      Thanks again!
      -Chelsey

      Delete