Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Vacation is Here!

Wow! School is ending soon, and so much stuff is going on that I think my head will burst!
 Two weeks ago my school band had a very successful band concert! I was so proud of us, and I'm so pumped for band next year! I play clarinet in concert band and Tenor Sax in Stage.
 I recently got a bookload at the library! I started reading the manga "Nana", which I throughly enjoyed! It is very interesting... I can't wait to see how the two Nana's meet.
 I also got Vampire Knight #11. I got introduced to Vamp Knight by the anime... so this is a first, reading the manga before the anime, because #11 wasn't a part of the Guilty season. It was still a great volume though, and it left at an intense part. Sadly, my library doesn't have #12, (yet!) so I'll be waiting a while. The only thing I don't like about manga books is that I find the volumes to be too short.

 I also got 'The Gathering' by Kelley Armstrong, 'Bloodlines' by Richelle Mead, and 'The Phantom' from the Vampire Diaries Hunters series. I have to read Bloodlines first because it's an inter-library loan. Then I'll probably read The Gathering.
 I really don't know how I'll like 'The Phantom'. Incase you didn't hear, this book wasn't written by L.J. Smith. It was written by a ghostwriter hired by the publishing company, because they didn't like the direction Smith was going to take the book plotwise. I thought that that was absolutely ridiculous, because an author should be able to do whatever they want with their plot. However, the publishers do legally own the books.
 Bloodlines going great! If you are hoping for it to be like the kickass Vampire Academy series, however, you may be a bit disapointed. The thing is though, this is NOT Rose, it's Sydney. Personally, I LOVE IT! I love reading about how Sydney's way of life. I won't give any spoilers, but I definately recommend it. And who knows, maybe the series will develop into a badass plot! We'll just have to see. I am currently about halfway through the book.
 I'm also borrowing 'Divergent' by Veronica Roth from my cousin. I have been bombarded with recommendations from Goodreads, Youtube, and from friends. Someone I know even said that it was even BETTER than the Hunger Games! I don't know what to say to that, but I guess I'll just have to read it and see!
 I also just recently read 'Plague' by Micheal Grant, which is part of the sick and awesome Gone series. I think I'll make a review on it later.

 I would also like to apologize to whoever reads my blog before I finish this. I have not been blogging for the past year, and it's because I've just been too busy. I've also not had alot of time to read books! But now it's summer vacation, so I believe I'll have a bit more time. I have also been thinking about blogging not just about books, but other things in my life as well. I'm young and getting into High School, and getting involved in alot of stuff! I'll probably blog about Girl Guides, the Canada Cord Award, and the Duke of Edinburgh Award. What do you think?

Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment